The Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) is a national industry association proactively representing the interests of its members, comprising of more than 100 record labels across Australia, ranging from small "boutique" labels, to medium size organizations and very large companies with international affiliates. ARIA is administered by a Board of Directors comprising senior executives from record companies, both large and small.
ARIA’s objective is to advance the interests of the Australian recording industry. ARIA achieves this by:
- acting as an advocate for the recorded music industry, both domestically and internationally.
- supporting Australian music, and creating opportunities to help it be heard.
- playing an active role in protecting copyright especially in relation to music piracy .
- collecting statistical information from members and retailers and compiling numerous ARIA charts with data provided by over 1,100 retailers.
- providing, in certain cases, a reproduction licensing function for various copyright users.
- assisting those in the music industry through our support of Support Act Limited, the music industry's benevolent fund .
- staging the highly prestigious annual ARIA Awards which recognizes the achievements of artists in the Australian recorded music industry.